OMWBE offers certification for the following programs:
- Washington State Minority & Women’s Business Enterprise (M/WBE) program
- U.S. Department of Transportation Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program
- Federal Aviation Administration Airport Concessionaire Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) program
- New DBE Final Rules 2011 - Effective February 28, 2011
- WSDOT seeks input for overall Disadvantaged Business Enterprise goal setting
- Attention All Vendors: Changes to WEBS (Washington's Electronic Business Solutions)
Will getting certified help my business?
Certification may help you to do business with:
- State agencies and schools
- Federal agencies
- Private sector entities with Supplier Diversity programs
The buyers and procurement officers for these government and private entities must set and meet goals for doing business with certified firms. Certification can help to market your business to these buyers for contracting opportunities because it will assist them in meeting their goals.
Benefits of Certification
- Listing in OMWBE’s online directory provides increased visibility to government and private sector buyers.
- Certification facilitates registration with other federal, state, and private sector certification and technical assistance programs.
- Certified firms are more attractive to public buyers because expenditures count toward M/W/DBE goals.
- Certified firms become eligible for the Linked Deposit Program, administered by the Office of the State Treasurer.